NEXT BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
Meeting Date: February 23, 2017 TeleconferenceThe RQHA Board of Directors was called to order by Arzenet Burnes at 6:07 PM via telephone conference. The Board of Directors and Officers met in the homes of Penny Welch & Arzenet Burnes with the remaining Board Members conferenced via telephone individually.
Board Members & Officers in Attendance:
Arzenet Burnes, Penny Welch, Julie Napier, Matt Howell, Alice Cone, Cheyenne Guelker, Robin Hill, Savannah Maylone & Robert Briggs
Members/Guests in Attendance:
Last Month's Minutes: (Penny Welch)
The minutes for the January 20, 2017 meeting were submitted to the Board of Directors via email on January 25, 2017 by Penny Welch. Matt made a motion to accept the minutes as submitted. Alice seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Treasurer's Report: (Julie Napier)
The Treasurer's report was submitted by Julie Napier. The club currently has $12,956.00 in checking and $2,623.75 in savings. Cheyenne made a motion to accept the minutes as submitted. Savannah seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Julie reported that she has received payment for the outstanding check from the Sweetwater show.
March 25 & 26, 2017 Show:
- Matt will take care of getting the cup standards and 12' poles for the Hunter Hack classes. Katie Dove had stated at teh last meeting that she may can help with this.
- Matt & Arzenet will come up with trail patterns. Robert has some pattersn that he will send to them for possible use.
- The Spur arena has received $2400 credit for RQHA from an anonymous sponsor.
October 6-8, 2017 Show:
- Penny submitted the show bill for review and approval by the board
- There will not be a consignment shop this year.
- Penny will add barrel & poles to the show bill.
- Robert will confirm what 3 ranch reining classes are available and let Penny know so she can add to the show bill.
- Robert has notified Nolan County Coliseum that we will not be having a show there this year.
2016 Awards Update:
Savannah state that they have contacted most the award winners. Some award recipients are asking for things that cannot have RQHA put on them. The board agreed that was ok as those people already have many awards that they use regularly at shows that do have RQHA on them so the club is not losing the advertisement aspect.
Jule spoke with Steven Stephens and TQHA has offered to let RQHA join at a cut rate of $1000 which would include all 2017 RQHA shows. Mr. Stephens sated that TQHA will promote the October RQHA show as being the last one in the area for the year in hopes to raise entries. Robert made a motion that we become a member of TQHA for 2017 with the stipulation that if we don't see an increase in entries from that membership that we do not become a member in 2018. Alice seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Cheyenne suggested that we ask TQHA to put a special post on their facebook to advertise the March show.
- Penny will add the TQHA approval working to the RQHA web-site.
- Julie will contact Steven Stephens to get the RQHA membership set up so they can begin advertising the March show as soon as possible.
- Arzenet asked that we try and get a banner from TQHA to put up at our shows.
No new business was discussed.
The next boarding meeting will be Tuesday, May 2, 2017 @ 6:00 PM via teleconference.
Robin made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Matt seconded the motion. Motion passed.