2018 RQHA Rules for Year End Awards
1. Both the owner and exhibitor must be a member in good standing with RQHA.
2. Memberships postmarked from January 1 through 5 business days after the 1st RQHA show will have points counted in all classes beginning with January 1 shows. For all memberships received after 5 days after the first RQHA show, points will be counted beginning with the date the membership is received by RQHA.
3. Double points will be awarded for all RQHA shows.
4. You must show under a minimum of 6 judges in a given class and show under a minimum of 6 of the 10 RQHA judges to be eligible for a class award in that class.
5.Point tabulation will be verified using official AQHA results.
6.Points will be counted in your best 15 shows.
7. Horses 3 years old and over must have a minimum of 10 points in a given class to be eligible for a class award.
8. Horses in the 2 year old and under classes must have a minimum of 5 points in a given class to be eligible for a class award.
9. Candidates for all-around awards for open, youth, novice youth, novice amateur, amateur and select amateur must have a minimum of 10 points in each of a a minimum of 3 events. All earned points in all classes, except green & walk-trot classes will count towards all-around awards.
10. Green classes will earn class awards, but will not have an all-around award. Points earned in green classes will not count toward all-around awards in any other division.
11. Walk-Trot classes will earn class awards, but will not have an all-around award. Points earned in walk-trot classes will not count towards all-around awards in any other division.
12. The nine-point system will be used in all classes. (example - in a class of nine or more horses, the first place horse will receive 9 points, the second place horse will receive 8 points, and so on down the line. If there is one horse in a class, that horse will receive one point.)
13. Halter tie breakers:
a. Horse winning over the greatest number of horses.
b. Horse with the most Grands.
c. Horse with the most Reserves.
14. All-around tie breakers:
a. The horse winning over the greatest number of horses in it's respective class.
b. Points earned in the greatest number of events.
c. The most points earned at RQHA shows.